Welcome to The 17th World Congress on Parasitic Plants
The 17th World Congress on Parasitic Plants, 3 June - 7 June 2024, Nara, Japan
On behalf of the International Parasitic Plant Society (IPPS), it is our great pleasure to invite you to the 17th World Congress on Parasitic Plants (WCPP2024), which will be held on 3rd-7th June 2024 in Nara, Japan. WCPP is a series of biennial meetings that have the long tradition started in Malta in 1973, providing opportunities to exchange information and discuss new discoveries among experts of parasitic plants. WCPP2024 will cover a wide range of topics of parasitic plants research, including strigolactone biology, molecular mechanisms, genome evolution and management technologies. Scientific program will include cutting edge research and exciting reports for various aspects of plant parasitism on diverged plant species, presented as oral or poster formats. The program will also include social events visiting the ancient city of Nara and enjoying Japanese cuisine. We are looking forward to meeting researchers from all over the world and exciting discussion.
Nara, the first capital of Japan from 710 to 784, is home to numerous historical shrines and temples containing national treasures. Nara has three UNESCO World Heritage sites registered in 1998 and the central Nara city is listed as "Historic Monuments of Ancient Nara" that includes eight individual cultural assets. The congress will take place at Nara Kasugano International Forum IRAKA (http://www.i-ra-ka.jp/en/) located in the center of Nara National Park, known for its stunning beauty and friendly population over a thousand tame deer. Todaiji temple, Kofukuji temple and Kasuga Taisha shrine are walking distance from the forum. The main hall of WCPP2024 will be a Noh theatre made for traditional Japanese dance-drama performance. The forum features a reception hall for lunch and dinners as well as poster sessions. Various ranges of hotel options are available in the Nara area for your accommodations during the congress.
Chair, Local organizing committee
|Registration Open||November 2023|
|Early bird registration deadline||February 29 (Thu), 2024|
|Regular registration deadline||April 30 (Tue), 2024|
|Registration deadline for online participant||May 31 (Fri), 2024|
|Abstract deadline for oral presenters and travel grant applicants||March 31 (Sun), 2024|
|Abstract submission deadline||April 10 (Wed), 2024|
Local organizing committee
- Satoko Yoshida (Chair), NAIST
- Atsushi Okazawa (Vice chair), Osaka Metro. Univ.
- Kaori Yoneyama (Vice chair, Scientific program subcommittee), Saitama Univ.
- Yukihiro Sugimoto (Scientific program subcommittee), Kobe Univ.
- Koichi Yoneyama (Scientific program subcommittee), Utsunomiya Univ.
- Ken Shirasu (Scientific program subcommittee), RIKEN
- Koh Aoki (Scientific program subcommittee), Osaka Metro. Univ.
- Xiaonan Xie (Scientific program subcommittee), Utsunomiya Univ.
- Tadao Asami (Finance Subcommittee), Univ. of Tokyo
- Shinsaku Ito (Finance Subcommittee), Tokyo Univ. of Agri.
- Hidemitsu Nakamura (Finance Subcommittee), Univ. of Tokyo
- Yuichiro Tsuchiya (Public relations and HP subcommittee), Nagoya Univ.
- Takahito Nomura (Public relations and HP subcommittee), Utsunomiya Univ.
- Yoshiya Seto (Public relations and HP subcommittee), Meiji Univ.
- Shoko Inaba (Venue subcommittee), NAIST
- Mina Ohtsu (Venue subcommittee), NAIST